Shopping just got easier for the dedicated environmentalist, as well as the person hoping to find the right gift for someone they know who has made the choice to “live green.” Learn more about eco-friendly gifts for the holidays.
New products and services are being introduced to the market everyday, some functional, others just plain fun, but all with the common goal of promoting the “Green Lifestyle” of the future. Below you will find a list of the top nine places to shop for environmentally friendly gifts, as well as a brief review of the types of gifts you can expect to find on each site.
9 Eco-Friendly Places to Buy Gifts this Christmas Season
- Eco-artware.com offers a wide variety of gifts, all made from recycled, reused, or all natural materials. The site showcases everything from wonderful multi-colored telephone wire baskets, to purses made of vintage record album covers. Even children’s items, like stuffed animals made from recycled sweaters, and handmade knit dolls.
- Gifts.com offers eco-friendly green gifts, which range from modern recycling systems, to solar powered backyard lighting, sure to enthrall any environmentalist.
- Earthinspire.com is a site that’s all about inspiration. Environmentally sound products ranging from carved stone wall plaques, to tiny, intricate treasure boxes, feature inspiring quotes and artwork from around the planet.
- Ecoexpress.com features a wide variety of organic wines, and gourmet products. From organic chocolates, to organic fruits and nuts, as well as fine organic bath products for the home spa, this site has everything needed to pamper the person who has chosen a “greener” lifestyle.
- Thegroovymind.com features many “fair trade” products. These products are made by locals in areas such as Rwanda, and Columbia, where workers are given alternatives to poaching, by having opportunities to work for a fair wage, and produce goods that are being sold around the world. From the “Rwanda Peace Fortunes” to the “Groovy Finger Puppets” for children, purchases of these products go back into the local economy, and provide viable alternatives for natives of these regions.
- Babybear.com offers a selection of gifts for mama and baby. The web-sites mission statement reads “We believe that everyday is a new chance to make the best choices for our children, their future and the world we live in.” Gift selections include “Organic Softies”, pixies or best friends. These huggable dolls are available in different colors and styles.
- Love-eco.co.uk is a excellent source for innovative and exclusive products, that support and sustain the environment. From the “Wattson” a gadget which measure the exact amount of energy use in your home, to the Luau Portable Lantern, this site offers a variety of gifts for both children and adults.
- Fullmoonfamily.com offers a wide selection of eco-friendly and organic fashions, from tee shirts to dresses and skirts. Also find hand crocheted, sweatshop free hats, scarves, and ponchos, plus blown glass items and much more.
- Recycledproducts.org.uk is a huge on-line resource list of eco-friendly gifts and products. Covering items from bathroom accessories to sports and play equipment, everyone is sure to find something on this list of products.
Wrapping It Up
Once you’ve found the perfect gift for that environmentalist in your life, you will want to make sure to wrap it up right, as well. Eco-friendly gift boxes and gift bags can be found at Tiny Box Company. This company is the only company in the United States that uses 100 percent recyclable products in the production of their gift boxes and bags.